Hello DIY land! Today I honor Dove (No, this is not a paid post.) Dove is a product that you can shape, mold, scrape, suds, wear, tear, sculpt, and do pretty much anything you like with. Today, I honor you, great white bar of Dove. I have heard you pleas of loneliness and I have answered with a companion. I call it, body wash and here is its ode.
- White foamy substance, soothing mine skin, you sail yonder, under, and in betwin. For your cleansing ways, my soul doth delight, and now, I say, my drawers live without fright.
I have a ton of allergies, so I gave up on expensive beauty products years ago and I've been using Dove products successfully since. I use their unscented beauty bar- and today we'll turn that bar soap into body wash! You can do it with your own favorite brand- the recipe will be the same.
You'll need these Materials:
- 1 (4-oz) Dove bar of soap (or your favorite brand)
- 2 cups (16-oz) tap water
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk (optional, reduce water by 2/3 cup)
- Boil water on the stove in small sauce pan.
- Prepare the Dove soap to melt by either:
- Grate the bar of soap using the smallest side of the cheese grater-----or------
- Chop the bar of soap up into very small pieces.
- Once your water is boiling you can add the grated/chopped soap.
- Optional: Add 1 cup coconut milk to the 1 1/3 cup water + chopped soap mixture
- Cook over medium until mixture is smooth.
That's all there is to it! I love an easy hack- now you'll get 16-20 oz of liquid per recipe- or 50 center a bottle. Now that's great whether you're trying to live frugally, you're allergic absolutely all things or (ahem) you're obsessed with DIY-ing everything and anything! ;-) Now you can DIY this too! Wouldn't this make a great gift? I'm looking forward to another busy week! Do you know where Zack and I are this week? Stay in touch with my social media feeds and have a good week!