This week will knock your socks off! I mean, like wow!
I really wanted to have Mary Ann, a talented interior designer, from Classic•Casual•Home show you her space. If you guys remember back, I first showed you all a pic from her upstairs loft when her light fixture inspired my DIY drum shade. Well, you ain't seen nothin' yet!
✧✧✧✧✧When Becca from Gardners 2 Bergers asked to feature our kitchen, I asked, "Are you sure people aren't tired of our kitchen?" Then I thought, how ridiculous--there are millions of people out there who have never seen it. Plus, Becca has some good questions that I have never really addressed before, such as...
1. I was the designer for this 1950's California beach cottage remodel, but I worked very closely with Adrian, our contractor and expert carpenter. We raised the ceiling in here as much as we could and added the tongue and groove.
This was our third kitchen that I designed and we like to cook (especially my husband).
We knew we were going to spend more money here and cut back in other areas of the remodel. So, the want/need list was pretty long...
- The Viking Six Burner with Griddle Gas Range. This is one extravagance that my husband wanted (and friends said "let him have it as we will ALL benefit").
- Large Island for Serving.
- Sitting Area to Keep the Cook Company (I just added the rug for the cooler days ahead)
- The Walk-In Pantry (with obscured ribbed glass). We lost a little hallway for this but we actually use the appliances in the pantry. They are plugged in so my son can make a smoothie or toast without hauling the appliances out.
- The Beverage Center. In addition to the wine refrigerator, we have filtered cold and instantly hot water taps. I organized everything in an industrial tool tray and we enjoy capuccinos from the Nespresso maker.
- We have small property lots on Lido Isle, so we had gauged slate extend out on the patio to make it feel larger. This is the patio just after a bit of rain last week.
- We used every little bit of space in the island as you can see here..
- These are comfortable, padded counter stools...and easy to clean.
I'm also linked up here.