Remember how I've been talking about the wood stain business I started? Yeah- I haven't brought it up in a couple months. And I don't know why- it's all I think about and work on [when I'm not blogging!] I thought I'd share one of the little plaques I stained awhile back. I was feeling guilty about the hundreds of Instagram photos I've taken- that only see the light of day for a few hours.
I thought this would be a fun way to let us show them off, right?! Just do what I did: print the photos off in a sheet and cut them out. Then hang one up and simply change it out when you're ready. No commitment necessary- isn't it just perfect? Here's how to create your own.
- Instagram Photos or Print Outs
- Paper Cutter
- Dremel or Drill [to cut hole for nail]
- Wood Plaques
- Clip to Hold Paper
- Weatherwood Stains Reclamation stain
- Stain your wood plaque. I used Weatherwood's Reclamation stain- which give pine this lightly aged look. Let dry 1 hour.
- Cut your photos to size.
- Add a hole on the back of your plaque to hang it.
- Add the clasp to the front of the plaque using velcro.
- Attach your photo to the plaque and hang on the wall.
I added the little plaque to our photo gallery. I love having a spot to add some rotating art. This could be perfect on a larger scale for kids' art, right? Just add a larger plaque and a clip for it. Now all those Instagram pics can finally see the light of day.
If you have a wood project that needs to be stained- let me know. We are looking for some portfolio worthy projects, like floors, cabinets, wainscoting, furniture and millwork. Let me know what you're planning, we may be able to work something out.